Head of Human Resources
Hours of Work: Ideally 3 days per week, potential to rise, all year round with flexible holiday arrangements
Salary: £35K – £48K pro rata depending on experience and qualifications
As a small but growing Trust, we are currently seeking an experienced Head of Human Resources to join the Learning Today Leading Tomorrow Trust Central Team to support the CEO, CFO and Trust Board in the efficient and effective delivery of the Trust’s strategic aims and objectives and to provide leadership to the Human Resources agenda across the organisation.
Learning Today Leading Tomorrow (LT2) was set up as a Trust to oversee the development of Rugby Free Primary School in 2015 and Rugby Free Secondary School in 2017.
At this time in our development, this is a new role to take over from our high-quality externally sourced team who have until now overseen and managed our operational HR systems. You will bring in additional expertise and experience to support the Trust Executive Leadership Team and the Trust Board. You will be involved in the development of new and transferring school projects. Due to the level of resource available, the role will start on a part-time basis and although it is a year-round role, we are open to looking at flexible arrangements to support the successful candidate. The role is expected to grow and there is a considerable opportunity for future development of a high performing Head of Human Resources. It is an exciting role for someone who likes variety, has high levels of initiative and is keen to be part of an ever-changing educational landscape.
As the Head of Human Resources, you will lead the development, implementation and eventual effective management of the Trust HR systems, act as an HR Officer with regards to dealings with Employee Relations and ensure that leaders are fully compliant with Trust HR Policy and Procedures.
As a member of the Trust Executive Leadership Team, you will provide strong vision and strategic direction to push the HR agenda across the organisation and support staff in all areas of the Trust.
You need to be a chartered member of CIPD and have significant experience of managing, supporting, training, developing and coaching staff, including the assessment and control of work priorities. You will have practical experience of presenting complex issues to Managers. A management qualification and knowledge of academies is desirable. You will be a strong team player with a good sense of humour and possess the ability to operate calmly under pressure. Occasionally, you will be prepared to work variable hours occasionally to meet the requirements of the post.
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement and local government pension scheme. We are open to flexible working arrangements for the successful candidate.
Reporting to: CEO
Purpose of role
• To support the CEO and Learning Today Leading Tomorrow Trust Board in the efficient and effective delivery of the Trust’s strategic aims and objectives, to uphold the Trust’s values, and to provide visible leadership across the organisation.
• To understand the nature of this role and maintain the confidentiality it requires.
• To lead on HR aspects of the strategic plan including taking responsibility to develop, implement and manage new HR systems and procedures, and to implement them in new schools joining the Trust.
• To act as a Human Resources Officer with regards to dealings with the Employee Relations.
• To advise and liaise with leaders on people related issues and to ensure compliance with Trust’s HR systems, policies and procedures.
• As a member of the Trust Leadership Team, to provide strong and effective leadership, vision and strategic direction to Trust staff to achieve the highest levels of performance and ensure a culture of continuous improvement.
For full vacancy details including a full job description and person specification, please download and read the application pack below.
Please take the opportunity to speak with the Trust informally before deciding whether to apply. If you have any questions regarding the role, or would like to arrange a visit, please do not hesitate to get in
touch by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Today Leading Tomorrow Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All positions require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and registration with the DBS Update Service together with all other relevant recruitment checks including references.
Referees will be asked to assess suitability of candidates to work with children and young people and will be verbally verified. Learning Today Leading Tomorrow’ Safeguarding Statement can be found on our website and candidates will be asked about this as part of the recruitment process.
Should you choose to apply, please submit the following completed forms:
- Application form. Please ensure that your application accounts for any gaps in employment.
- LT2 References and Monitoring form. Please include the names and addresses of two professional referees (one of which must be your current employer). Referees will not be approached until the final stages of the process.
- A supporting statement that sets out the reasons for your interest in the role and how you meet the required criteria, with evidence of impact from your career track record. Your supporting statement should be no longer than three sides of A4.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com for the attention of the CEO.
All applications will be acknowledged within 1 working day. Should you fail to receive a confirmation, please call Georgina Langley on 07397130852.
Closing date for applications: 23:59, Thursday 5th September 2019
Interview: week commencing Monday 9th September 2019 (Please note that this may be subject to change)
Start Date: As soon as possible