Estates and Facilities Manager
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, all year round with flexible holiday arrangements
Salary: £35K – £42K pro rata depending on experience and qualifications
Location: Based at Rugby Free Secondary School in Rugby, Warwickshire with regular travel to academies within the Trust (currently Rugby Free Primary School)
As a small Trust, we are currently seeking an experienced Estates and Facilities Manager to join the Learning Today Leading Tomorrow Trust Central Team to support the CEO, CFO and Trust Board in the efficient and effective delivery of the Trust’s strategic aims and objectives and to provide leadership on sites and resource management across the Trust.
Learning Today Leading Tomorrow (LT2) was set up as a Trust to oversee the development of Rugby Free Primary School in 2015 and Rugby Free Secondary School in 2017.
At this time in our development, this is a new role to oversee all of our facilities including a brand new state of the art school building opening its doors in September 2019. You will oversee and manage all Trust facilities and the Trust Sites Service Personnel team who maintain the sites. You will bring in additional expertise and experience to support the Trust Executive Leadership Team and the Trust Board. You will be involved in the development of new and transferring school projects. This is a year-round role and we are open to looking at flexible arrangements to support the successful candidate. The role is expected to grow and there is a considerable opportunity for future development of a high performing Estates and Facilities Manager. It is an exciting role for someone who likes variety, has high levels of initiative and is keen to be part of an ever-changing educational landscape.
You need to be an experienced estates manager including significant experience of managing large buildings or multi-sited operations. You will have practical experience of presenting complex buildings related issues to Leaders and overseeing and completing the budget preparation process related to estate functions. A Health and Safety qualification is essential and a facilities management qualification is desirable. You will be a strong team player with a good sense of humour and possess the ability to operate calmly under pressure. You will be prepared to work variable hours occasionally to meet the requirements of the post.
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement and local government pension scheme. We are open to flexible working arrangements for the successful candidate.
Reporting to: CEO
Responsible for: Site Services Personnel, Designated Staff, and First Aid Provision
Purpose of role
- To be responsible for long and short term planning, implementation and high quality delivery in relation to estates, facilities and health and safety related aspects of site maintenance and management, and to manage budgets appropriately.
- To ensure the estates service function of all academies is run efficiently with effective control of resourcing and costs in line with the budget ensuring that the premises are open every school day and are always safe, secure, warm, and dry.
- To take a leading role in connection with risk assessments and Health and Safety for all aspects across the Trust.
- To lead on all aspects related to fire safety and security of Trust sites.
- To line manage Trust Site Services Personnel and designated staff at identified Trust sites.
- To manage existing outsourced contracts for inter alia catering and cleaning.
- To ensure that all security and fire safety systems are regularly maintained and tested, appropriate records kept and all related policies and procedures are reviewed and updated as necessary.
- As a member of the Trust Leadership Team, to provide strong and effective leadership, vision and strategic direction to Trust staff to achieve the highest levels of performance and ensure a culture of continuous improvement.
For full vacancy details including a full job description and person specification, please download and read the application pack below.
Please take the opportunity to speak with the Trust informally before deciding whether to apply. If you have any questions regarding the role, or would like to arrange a visit, please do not hesitate to get in
touch by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Today Leading Tomorrow Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All positions require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and registration with the DBS Update Service together with all other relevant recruitment checks including references.
Referees will be asked to assess suitability of candidates to work with children and young people and will be verbally verified. Learning Today Leading Tomorrow’ Safeguarding Statement can be found on our website and candidates will be asked about this as part of the recruitment process.
Should you choose to apply, please submit the following completed forms:
- Application form. Please ensure that your application accounts for any gaps in employment.
- LT2 References and Monitoring form. Please include the names and addresses of two professional referees (one of which must be your current employer). Referees will not be approached until the final stages of the process.
- A supporting statement that sets out the reasons for your interest in the role and how you meet the required criteria, with evidence of impact from your career track record. Your supporting statement should be no longer than three sides of A4.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com for the attention of the CEO.
All applications will be acknowledged within 1 working day. Should you fail to receive a confirmation, please call Georgina Langley on 07397130852.
Closing date for applications: 23:59, Thursday 5th September 2019
Interview: week commencing Monday 9th September 2019 (Please note that this may be subject to change)
Start Date: As soon as possible